Search
Facebook Visit Wells
Search

News

On this page:
    15 December 2021

    The Wedding History

    The Wedding History

    Wells Town Hall was built on the site of a canonical house by public subscription in 1778. It replaced the former market and assize hall at the centre of the Market place. The porch and arcade were added in 1861, the balcony and round windows in 1932-33. The Assise Court last sat here in October 1970. The Council Chamber and Parkes Room were opened in November 1998 on the completion of major refurbishment works and on 27th of November 1998 the Town Hall was granted a licence for the conduct of civil marriages.

    Wells Town Hall is a wonderful venue set in the heart of Somerset and is suitable for weddings, marriages and civil ceremonies.  It can host anything from a small intimate affair in the Mayor’s Parlour for 18, to a large glamorous wedding reception for up to 120 guests.

    To book a Wedding at Wells Town Hall, Click Here.

    Town Hall Articles

    News

    Loading articles loading icon
    On this page:
      Related content: